TOP TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT CANADA
Today is not only my release day, it’s also four years since I was first published, and Canada Day. For those who don’t know, I am Canadian, so today is special in so many ways. Since two of my stories take place in the capital of Canada, and my host is also Canadian, I thought I’d share ten things I love about my country.
- Weather – There is always something for everyone to love and complain about.
- Flag – It’s different than others, which I like.
- Layout of the country – Most of the population lives in the southern part of the country, along the US border. If you want to get away from the congestion and immerse yourself in the wilderness, head north. Just not in winter, as you may get stuck there for a while.
- Music – There is such a wonderful variety to choose from. Of course, there is Celine Dion and Shania Twain, but also Hedley, Our Lady Peace, Kiesza, Chantal Kreviazuk, Avril Lavigne, Nickelback, Nelly Furtado, Lights, Sarah McLachlan, Rush, The Guess Who, and so many more.
- Canadian Pride – Gets more prevalent every year.
- Humour – Some of the best comedians are/were Canadian ==> Jim Carey, Mike Meyers, John Candy, Russell Peters, Martin Short, Catherine O’Hara, Norm Macdonald, Howie Mandel, Leslie Nielson, Seth Rogan, Eugene Levy, Phil Hartman.
- Free health care – Okay, we pay for it in our taxes, but there is no big bill to pay when we leave the hospital.
- Freedom – Our past is not perfect, but we are all now free. Even gay marriage is allowed across the country.
- Friendliness – We really are a friendly bunch, not always, but most of the time.
- Canadian animals – Who doesn’t like the polar bear, loon, moose, and the beaver? They are even on our coins. Okay, the Canadian Goose is the exception. They hold all of the Canadian meanness.
A collection of 1Night Stand stories
By Jessica E. Subject
Five HOT 1Night Stand stories by Jessica E. Subject about sexy heroes from other planets.
What do a librarian, a nurse, a director’s assistant, a housekeeper, and an orphan have in common? They all end up spending an evening with a gorgeous stranger. But, will one night lead to more, or will the women end up running away when they learn their sexy suitor comes from another planet? Find out in these five sensual 1Night Stand stories by sci-fi romance author, Jessica E. Subject.
Contains: Celestial Seduction, Satin Sheets in Space, Another Night, Another Planet, His Alien Virgin, and Her Alien Hero
Publisher: Decadent Publishing Company, LLC
Date Published: July 1, 2015
Genre(s): Science Fiction Romance, Futuristic Romance, Alien Romance
Heat Rating: 3 to 4 flames – frequent love scenes that are explicit and described using graphic and direct language
Word Count: 55,000 words
Page Count: approx.141 pages
Excerpt From Celestial Seduction:
She stood in front of him then and held out her hands. His black eyes met hers as he wrapped her hands in his. “You’re okay with what I told you?”
“No, but I’m trying to stay open-minded.” She tried to keep her hands from shaking even as she showed him she could handle the information. “I don’t feel like you want to hurt me though.”
He lightly squeezed her hands, a smile forming on his lips. “I would never bring you harm.”
Lifting one hand up, she gently placed it on the side of his face. “Will you show me what you really look like? I can see your real eyes, but I want to see the rest.”
“You won’t run away?” She winced seeing all of the confidence he’d had at the beginning of the night gone, but it made her trust him even more. “Whatever you do, please don’t scream.”
“I promised to stay the entire night, didn’t I? And don’t worry, I don’t scream unless someone sneaks up on me, or if I see a spider. You don’t look like a spider, do you?” The very thought sent a chill through her body.
He smiled, some of his confidence back while his human image flickered for a few seconds before completely disappearing. Unsure what to expect, she tried not to judge until she’d set eyes on his entire figure. Long, spindly fingers intertwined with hers. He tried to let go, but she held them tight. His body appeared taller and leaner than before. She saw the same black eyes, a less prominent nose and barely visible ears. His hair became jet black and appeared longer and curlier than before. Underneath luminescent scales, his skin shone a light blue.
“So, what do you think?” His mouth quirked, revealing his uncertainty.
Except for their color, his lips were the only thing that didn’t change. She leaned towards him, wondering if they would still feel the same. She had to stand on the tips of her toes to reach him, but wrapping her arms around his neck helped. The feel of his skin surprised her. Perhaps he didn’t have scales, but the pattern lay beneath his skin.
Celestial Seduction: “If you’ve never thought of the stars as steamy, this [story] with have you rethinking the entire sci-fi genre.”
~ The Indie Elite
Satin Sheets in Space: “…shakes your world up in unimaginable ways and Jessica Subject is showing that she can both rock her readers’ worlds and give them the happily ever after everyone is secretly longing for.”
~ Tracy Riva Reviews
Another Night, Another Planet:
“…a fantastic representation of the [1Night Stand] series. Hot sex along with some interesting twists kept my interest from the first page.”
~ a TOP PICK at Night Owl Reviews
His Alien Virgin: “It’s no secret that I am a huge Jessica E. Subject fan. She is a master of creating complex characters, solid plots, and incredible emotions in a short a amount of time… This fast paced sexy little story is another great addition to the 1 Night Stand Series.”
~ Wicked Readings by Tawania
Her Alien Hero: “This story is hot, funny, & out of this world. It’s a quick dose of romance in a way that makes you believe your wildest dreams are possible.”
~ Pure Jonel
Jessica E. Subject is the author of contemporary and science fiction romance, ranging from sweet to erotic. In her stories, you could meet clones, or a sexy alien or two. You may even be transported to another planet for a romantic rendezvous.
When Jessica isn’t reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk with her giant, hairy dog her family adopted from the local animal shelter.
To celebrate the release of AN ALIEN TO LOVE, and four years published, Jessica E. Subject is hosting a contest for a $25 e-gift certificate from Amazon.com or All Romance eBooks. Enter using the Rafflecopter widget placed below, or follow the link.
Please Note: Contest is international. No substitutions can be made. Must be 18 or over to enter. Void where prohibited by law. Good luck!